Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Goulash

A recipe I have been trying to perfect for my hubby for the past 32 years we have been married.... his grandmother used to make this,  and we finally figured out something close to her recipe.


Goulash like Grandma used to make

2 lbs ground chuck
1 large onion chopped
1 tsp garlic powder or
1 tb chopped garlic in a jar.

2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
2 15 oz cans tomato puree
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes

Salt pepper

3 cups pasta
3 cups water

Brown hamburger with onion and garlic in large pot.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cook until meat is cooked through.
Drain off oil if there Is a bunch from your hamburger.
Add canned tomato sauce, puree,  and diced tomatoes, cook for 20 min to blend flavors.

Add pasta and water.
Cover with lid
Cook for 30 min, stiring occasionally, until pasta is cooked and most liquid is absorbed.


I like to add a can or two of olives to my goulash. 

Serve with shredded cheese, parmesan cheese,  garlic bread and a green salad.


My mom used to add corn and dark red kidney beans, as well as olives to her goulash.


I hope you enjoy this old fashioned meal as much as my hubby does!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger