Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Preserving Sourdough





I have been doing a lot of research on Sourdough lately,
And I found that you can dry and rehydrate the dried Starter.

I'm going to give it a try and see if it works....

And then I can send some to my Darling  Niece in California.

It takes a few days to dry, then you just store dry starter sample in a 
Baggie or sealed container until needed.

It seems that you just need to make sure your Sourdough is healthy and
Bubbly for several days with feedings before doing the process
Of drying starter for long term storage.

It's a good idea to do it when you have a vibrant starter, to have a backup 
Incase you kill your current Sourdough Starter.

Well, off to feed my starter for the day, and check on my two bowls of rising
Sourdough Bread.  One of which I had to place in the refrigerator over night because
Of time issues.  Can't wait yo see how that loaf turns out.

The other is the crockpot bread I blogged about yesterday.
The first loaf is almost gone, and I need to get another baked for our
Dining pleasure... 

~ Brat~




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger